Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I have jumped on the running bandwagon. I was on the track team my freshman year of high school and would often run long distances as part of the training. Since then I haven't run more than 2 miles. I had putting off starting for weeks. I would think about it, decided to start on Monday and then each Monday for the last month I have though of a reason why I shouldn't be out running. Yesterday I did it. I laced up my shoes and ran/walked for 30 minutes. To my surprise, it was much easier than I thought. I want to be one of those people who want to run, I want to want to get up in the morning and pound the pavement to start my day. Not surprisingly, I am a little sore today. I am going to try some yoga tonight and then lace up and do it again tomorrow. I would love to run a half marathon someday but I am no where near committing to something like that yet. For now, I will get out there and put one foot in front of another and see where it takes me.



This totally isn't me, I wish I had those abs!

Happy Tuesday!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

eek- i have a serious love/hate relationship with running. i wish i was better!

Charis said...

Good luck on your new "hobby" :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
And your dog is adorable. Bulldogs are the sweetest!

Nicole Marie said...

oh man goodluck. i am definitely not a runner!