Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Growing Boys...

I live with my boyfriend and 3 roommates. One of our roommates is my best friend , which is obviously awesome to always have her around. The other 2 roommates are 2 of our guy friends. For the most part it is a fun living situation and it is nice to have help with the mortgage. My bestie who from now on for blog purposes will be referred to as C, works nights which means that it is just me and the 3 boys eating together every night. Since we moved in together a little over a year ago, it has become my responsibility to decide on a menu for the week, go grocery shopping, and prepare the meals. The boys do the clean up...score! The point of this post and all the rambling is that I cook for 3 very hungry boys about 3-4 times a week. I basically cook for a family of 6! I love to cook, but often the meals that I want to cook are not enough to fill up the boys. So when planning my meals I have to look for recipes that taste good, are healthy and hearty enough. Last night I made Whole Wheat Pasta with Sausage, Leeks and Fontina from Cooking Light.



This recipe fit all of my criteria and was awesome!  I have never cooked with leeks before and they gave the dish a nice spicy taste without a heavy onion taste.  The boys loved it and complained of being too full after, which I am not sure I have ever heard them say before!!!  Click the link under the picture for the recipe.  The only adjustments I made was to add 2 more sausages and a little extra cheese for taste and heartiness. 

Enjoy Lovers!

Happy Veterans Day, Thanks to all the Veterans out there!!!

2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

how fun you get to cook for everyone! that looks delicious too!

lasvegasisforlovers said...

Nicole-
It is fun! I love to cook and it is nice to have a bunch of boys who appreciate all food to cook for. They never complain!