As a UNLV Alumni I cannot wait for basketball season to begin. Every year our football team is a bigger and bigger disapointment. We win a hard game or two at the beginning of the season and get our hopes up and then it all goes down hill. UNLV is awful at football. I am not sure if we have ever been good, and definately not since I started college in 2003. One thing we are good at though is basketball. I don't like basketball any other time besides when the Rebels are playing. We are usually decent and since it is the only sports team we have that is decent everyone really rallies behind them. Last night we went to our first game of the season. The Rebels took on UNR (University of Reno) and dominated!!!! UNR is our rival and any game regardless of sport between the two teams is so much fun to watch. Especially when we win like we did last night!
The crowd is always so into it and it so fun to cheer for a team that wins!
I am so glad this week is almost over. It seems like is has been D-R-A-G-G-I-N-G on and on. Probably because I only have to work 2 days next week, and then I am off for vacation! I cannot wait to get home and see my family and friends, and love on my nieces and nephews!

No comments:
Post a Comment